Village News – Coronavirus update
in Boxted and Langham
In these difficult times, you’ll be pleased to hear that the community is pulling together to help each other out. Here are some links that may help you in the days/weeks/months ahead.
- Boxted Parish Council has launched a new website which will give you up to date information about resources around the village. The main site address is: https://boxtedparishcouncil.org.uk/.
- Crucially, there is a page dedicated to giving local information about resources available during the Coronavirus outbreak. This page can be accessed at: https://boxtedparishcouncil.org.uk/home-2/covid-19-corona-virus/
- Claire Arculus is collecting the details of people who are able to volunteer in Boxted and Langham with deliveries etc. Please message Claire, via facebook messenger or on 07752 201441, with your name, address, phone, email and note of what you can help with.
- Good Neighbours Scheme. You can get updated information about who can help you if you’re self-isolating and need provisions, or even just a chat. Go to: https://www.langhamessex.org.uk/community/good-neighbours/
- Please also note that Boxted Community Hub is providing a take away and meals on wheels service. Contact 01206 272129 (daytime); 07488 345019 (evenings)
- A leaflet has been put together by the Langham village shop which will be distributed to each household in both Langham and Boxted offering food order and delivery service for items from the village shop.
- The volunteer list compiled by Langham Community Shop is for those helping with the shop only – either packing items in shop for deliveries or delivering the food/shop items to doorsteps. If you feel you can volunteer at the community shop, please get in touch: 01206 272431 or email: email@example.com
- Much of the information is now internet based so if you have a neighbour who doesn’t have internet access, please try to keep them up to date (at a distance of two metres of course!).
Langham and Boxted Churches
Boxted Cricket Club
Mobile Library Service
Boxted Neighbourhood PlanBoxted WI on Facebook
Boxted WI on Twitter
Boxted Airfield Historical Group
Langham Community Centre
Langham Community Shop
Langham Village Website
Dedham Vale & Stour Valley ANOB
Essex County Council’s PROW Interactive map
Colchester District Neighbourhood Watch
Copyright © 2020 Boxted Village Website, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Newsletter editor: Angela McLauchlan Design and layout: Shirley Szymanek