Our aim is to provide a contemporary record of Boxted in 2019 for the village archive as part of the fundraising activities for the repair of the Roof and Masonry of St. Peter’s Church, Boxted, which are urgently in need of repair.
There will be 8 categories and with winners in each category (including an Under 16 winner in each category).
- Boxted’s Four Seasons
- Boxted Farming and Horticulture
- Boxted People
- Boxted Countryside including Wildlife, Trees and Wild Flowers
- Conservation and Risks to the Environment
- Boxted Leisure Activities
- Village Institutions, Activities & Events
- Signs of Boxted’s Past, including Buildings
The Judge(s) will take into account the artistic and technical quality of the images and the insight into daily life in Boxted.
Judging will take place in January 2020 followed by an exhibition in the village of the winning images. It is also planned to publish a book of the winning images and possibly a calendar.
Entries will be £1 per image (50p for Under 16’s) with 50p for each image in excess of 10.
Photography Competition Rules
- No limit on the number of entries by any one entrant
- No requirement for entrants to live in Boxted
- Entries must be taken within the parish of Boxted
- Entries must be taken during the calendar year 2019 unless the entry clearly indicates another calendar year but all such entries will be accepted
- Entries to be emailed to email@example.com. The images should be JPG format. Winners may be requested to provide higher quality JPG for display and publication.
- Entry fees to be payable in cash and sent to Stephen Whybrow at The Old Vicarage, Parsonage Hill, Boxted, Colchester, CO4 5ST
- All materials provided by entrants to be the property of Langham with Boxted PCC
- Copyright in the images to remain with each entrant provided that Langham with Boxted PCC shall have a non-exclusive licence to use the images for the raising of funds for St. Peter’s Church
- Any decision of the judge(s) to be final and binding
- Entrants must obtain the consent of property owners before taking photos on private land or taking photos of private buildings
- Langham with Boxted PCC and the organisers accept no liability for lost entries or any other errors in the running of the competition
- Each entrant warrants that their entries are original works created by them and were taken within the parish of Boxted
- Any personal information provided by entrants to the organisers will only be used for the purposes of the competition and will be destroyed on or before 31st December 2020.