Boxted Parish Council
The next meeting is on Wednesday 8 March. 7 pm Boxted Village Hall.
Read Boxted Parish Council’s March meeting Agenda here:
Guest speaker Peter Banham will be giving a talk about the origins of old sayings e.g. ” Red sky in the morning – shepherds warning”
Boxted village hall at 2.30 pm on Thursday 9 March in the village hall at 2.30 pm.
Sunday 12 March:
9.30 am Sung Eucharist, St Mary’s Langham
11 am Service at Boxted Methodist Church
Tuesdays 14 March and 28 March
Boxted Playing Field car park 10.55 – 11.30 am
Read a review of the book ‘Restoration’ here;
Tea tasting with the Colne Valley Tea company.Tuesday 14 March at 7.30 pm in Boxted village hall.
‘Transport Revolution’: a talk by Sue Brown
Boxted Village Hall Wednesday 15 March 7.30 pm
Changes to Colchester’s rubbish and recycling collections will be introduced from June 2017 to help boost recycling and cut waste.
The collections changes, which were agreed by Cabinet on Tuesday 20 December, include:
• Introducing fortnightly collections for general rubbish
• A maximum of three black sacks per household
• Food waste will continue to be collected weekly
• All other recycling collections are unchanged and residents should continue to use their existing recycling containers for paper, plastics, cans, glass, textiles, food and green waste
• Wheelie bin collections will be introduced into specific areas of the Borough. These Include:
• Mile End
• Old Heath and The Hythe (excluding The Hythe and Rowhedge)
• Shrub End
• More detailed information for these areas will be available from spring 2017.
• Free clear sacks will be delivered but residents won’t receive free black sacks
• White garden sacks will now be free (from June 2017)
• A second free green box is available so glass and cans can be separated (available now).
• Find your nearest pick up point:
These changes will help boost the amount of recycling the Borough produces by focussing less on general waste and more on recycling and will be introduced in June 2017.
If you live in a flat and have a communal recycling and rubbish collection these changes will not affect you.
Until June 2017, you are encouraged to continue putting your rubbish and recycling out as normal and recycling as much as you can.
What can I recycle and how?:
Please click the link below to read more information in our FAQ’s:
Revised March opening times for Boxted Community Hub
Queens Head Road
Suspect unknown has gained entry to secure barn by forcing the lock. Once inside suspect has removed the victims orange Ford RS Turbo and purple Escort Cosworth.