Treasure Hunt and Geocaching around Boxted followed by a quiz at the village hall.
Tuesday 11 July at 7.30 pm
Parish Council Meeting
This month’s meeting takes place on Wednesday 12 July in Boxted Village Hall at 7.30 pm.
Sunday 16 July
8 am Said Eucharist at St Mary’s, Langham.
9.30 am Family Service at St Peter’s, Boxted
11 am service at Boxted Methodist Church led by Phil Bingham
Tuesdays 18 July and 1 August
Boxted Playing Field car park 10.55 – 11.30 am
Read a review of the book Game of Ghosts here
Boxted Airfield Historical Group
Tuesday 18 July, 7.30 pm at the Museum, Langham Lane, Langham; admission by donation £4 including refreshments.
Richard Turner will speak on The Marauder Men. Details available from Jeremy on 07885 657255 or jezzyh
Boxted History Group
‘Hadleigh 1900 – 2000’ – an illustrated talk by Roger Kennell.
Wednesday 19 July. 7.30 pm at Boxted Village Hall.
Going away on holiday
Make your home look like someone is living in it:
• Ensure that windows, doors and gates are closed and locked correctly.
• Use automatic timer-switches to turn your lights and radios on when it goes dark also consider “Fake TV”.
• If you have an intruder alarm make sure that you set it before leaving and ensure that your neighbours know who the keyholders are.
• Cancel any newspaper or milk deliveries
• Use the Royal Mail’s ‘keepsafe’ service – they keep your mail for up to 2 months while you’re away. Mail sitting on your doorstep is a sign that you are away
• Trusted neighbours may be able to help you by collecting your post, opening and closing curtains and they could park their car on your driveway
• Avoid discussing holiday plans on public social networking sites – burglars can use any information you post on there to their advantage – I would add to this watch what you are posting while you are away too or you may find you are giving useful information that the burglar or fraudster may use.
Most of this was taken from the Police UK website where you can find lots of useful advice and details of crimes in your area.